Wednesday, March 08, 2006

International Women's Day Posted by Picasa


International Women's Day

I had an idea for a post today, and I don't have it in me. But let's not forget to celebrate International Women's Day today, March 8.

For the life of me I can't figure out how men imagine that there's any advantage in making life harder for women. There are many men in my life who have enriched it so much, but only women so deep in my heart.

Typical, I don't say thanks enough and when I do it always seems an afterthought.

In my dreams women are powerful. Ever notice how often the symbolic representation of the United States is a woman with breast bared? Columbia, is that her name? I don't think she's a virgin, she seems too experienced for that.

All that is best in our vision of ourselves as a people and a government is represented as a woman.

I for one don't wish to inhibit her. Indeed, my wish is for her to flourish, knowing we'll all benefit.

A flower is but a token, but a gesture conveys a truth. One day at least we can celebrate women. And then perhaps, if we know what's really good, to celebrate the next day too.

No comments: